Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 3... Easterly Winds

Third day of on the bike training today. I woke up early around 7 and couldn't fall back asleep... I felt pretty drained until 10:30 then I headed out on my normal route in Normal IL from my apartment out to Comlara Park. Along the Constitution trail some workers were cutting down trees along the sides. I don't really see why they do that, since the trails purpose is take runners cyclists and rolelrbladers back to nature... either way once I got past all of the that I hit the open road and without pedaling got up to around 22 mph with a good easterly wind. Oh how bad a ride it was turning out to be. My plan was to stay around 16mph consistently for 24 miles. Heading north I was around my planned average. I stopped at 12 miles and adjusted my cleats... much improvement on power. Then I headed south... slowly i dropped from 16 to around 13 mph and then headed east.... poof. down to 10 mph no leg strength. not a great day on the bike. The quads were burning and the calfs were screaming.

Always Lead, Never Follow.

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment